Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver DEFPHL013, 'Manage a deployed capability'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage a deployed capability' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Plan and supervise pre-deployment activities
Obtain deployment instructions and clarify as required, in accordance with organisational procedures
Seek further information and tasking from briefings
Review deployment instructions to plan tasking and activities to be coordinated by team leaders
Maintain lines of communication with team leaders to ensure teams are kept informed of the developments in the situation in accordance with operational procedures
Issue pre-deployment tasking to team leaders
Monitor team leader deployment preparation to ensure capability members are ready for deployment
Monitor preparation of stores and equipment to ensure they are operational and ready for deployment, in accordance with deployment plan
Consider and cater for specialist requirements during the preparation of stores and equipment
Monitor loading of stores and equipment for deployment in accordance with operational requirements
Confirm final deployment instructions and communicate to team leaders to ensure all capability members are informed and ready for deployment
Supervise deployment activities
Confirm deployment site and siting considerations with commander on arrival at deployment area
Issue detailed instructions to team leaders including ground brief, detailed tasks and timings
Monitor setting-up capability stores and equipment in accordance with operational procedures and requirements
Identify and rectify problems with deployment or refer to commander for resolution in accordance with deployment instructions
Establish lines of communication with co-located capabilities and other stakeholders to enable inter-operability
Contribute to setting-up of support facilityâ€™s amenities as directed by facility commander in accordance with operational requirements
Supervise the operation of a deployed capability
Monitor maintenance of operational posture to ensure the operation of the capability complements the provision of services and the operational environment
Compile and issue reports and returns to commander in accordance with organisational procedures
Monitor maintenance of stores and equipment
Supervise team leaders appropriate to changing priorities and situation, and differing needs and skills of individuals
Supervise re-deployment activities
Acknowledge and clarify re-deployment instructions in accordance with operational procedures
Plan tasking and activities to support re-deployment instructions
Issue re-deployment tasking to team leaders
Monitor refurbishment of stores and equipment to ensure capability is made ready for future deployments and to identify maintenance needs between deployments
Monitor loading of stores and equipment for re-deployment to ensure safe transportation and arrival in the new location
Assess deployment to identify lessons learned to improve future deployments and record findings in accordance with organisational policy