Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICAICT707A, 'Direct research and business response to new ICT technology'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Direct research and business response to new ICT technology' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Direct initial research into new ICT technologies
1.1 Establish and implement procedures to identify new ICT technology that may support business innovation
1.2 Confirm research purpose for the evaluation of new ICT technology as it relates to possible business opportunities
1.3 Ensure a structured research plan is prepared in line with the defined research purpose
1.4 Monitor the implementation of the structured research plan to ensure its outcomes meets the identified research purpose
1.5 Formulate business case relating to new ICT technology, including consideration of organisational environment
1.6 Present business case to the business stakeholders so that the future business direction is established and agreed
2. Direct evaluation of new ICT technology
2.1 Establish evaluation criteria and methods of measurement
2.2 Ensure suitable suppliers and vendors are appropriately evaluated to provide credibility, quality and support for implementation
2.3 Oversee the preparation of feasibility study report into new ICT technology ensuring critical risks are identified
2.4 Ensure feasibility study of new ICT technology is accurately presented to business stakeholders so that the future business direction is established and agreed
3. Direct the proof of concept evaluation of new ICT technology
3.1 Ensure vendor's new ICT technology is legally acquired for proof of concept (POC) evaluation of new ICT technology
3.2 Establish project requirements, including deliverables, for POC evaluation
3.3 Endorse project plan for POC evaluation
3.4 Monitor implementation of POC evaluation project to ensure project deliverables are met
4. Determine future business response to new ICT technology
4.1 Oversee preparation of report on evaluation of new ICT technology, including the consequences of not implementing it
4.2 Ensure results of new ICT technology evaluation are accurately presented to stakeholders so that the future business response is established and agreed