Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNPL404, 'Evaluate the planning requirements for provisioning a telecommunications building facility'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Evaluate the planning requirements for provisioning a telecommunications building facility' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Scope the project
1.1 Prepare for given work according to relevant legislation, codes, regulations and standards including work health and safety (WHS) processes and procedures
1.2 Obtain building plans and specifications from planning section
1.3 Determine type of facility and building services required to house telecommunications network equipment and plant to efficiently support the network
1.4 Determine the purpose of the main areas or rooms in the network building and note special requirements to support safe operation of the facility
1.5 Verify who is responsible for planning, provisioning, maintaining and operation of a facility
2. Evaluate power requirements
2.1 Assess how functions of the main power and building services support network equipment and the impact if building services are not provided correctly or fail
2.2 Produce a schematic diagram of the relationship of electrical components in an end-to-end power and building services system
2.3 Assess different types of power sources likely to supply network equipment and determine benefits or deficiencies
2.4 Determine how resiliency is built into provisioning of a reliable power supply and how different levels of reliability can be achieved
2.5 Evaluate the impact of energy use and energy loads in the facility and determine how energy use can be minimised
3. Evaluate requirements of air conditioning services
3.1 Assess the main types of air conditioning components or plant available and their suitability to building requirements, and draw a schematic diagram of proposed layout
3.2 Determine how different equipment rack heat dissipation and size of a load can affect cooling needs
3.3 Evaluate how deployment of network equipment and other supporting infrastructure can affect performance and loading of the installed air conditioner
4. Evaluate requirements of fire safety services
4.1 Assess type, functions and components of fire service protection systems for fire and smoke required in a network facility for the safety and protection of people and assets
4.2 Use the building plan to locate fire systems to be deployed to comply with fire regulations
4.3 Evaluate effect equipment deployments may have on fire services and its ability to protect the site and maintain regulatory obligations
5. Evaluate requirements of alarm systems
5.1 Determine alarm requirements from the building plan and specifications
5.2 Assess if basic monitoring is to be used with system or plant interrogation capabilities to produce an integrated alarm system for the facility
5.3 Determine where alarm systems are monitored and actioned and the personnel responsible
5.4 Evaluate what systems are used to connect power and building services output alarms, and the software requirements needed to allow interrogation
6. Produce evaluation document
6.1 Assess requirements for each building service needed to support the facility, allowing for projection of future network growth and building expansion
6.2 Produce an evaluation document on planning requirements for proposed provisioning including identified services to support the building facility