Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTNWK613, 'Develop plans to manage structured troubleshooting process of enterprise networks'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop plans to manage structured troubleshooting process of enterprise networks' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Plan the strategies for structured troubleshooting and monitoring of enterprise networks
1.1 Develop strategies to monitor and manage an enterprise network to ensure availability and performance standard
1.2 Conduct equipment and skills audits as required
1.3 Evaluate the business value of service level agreements (SLAs), formal maintenance plans and monitoring procedures against best practices for maintenance and fault procedures
1.4 Assign functional responsibilities to stakeholders according to the maintenance plan
1.5 Select and use appropriate network fault management tools and monitor and improve network performance
2. Manage and monitor structured troubleshooting strategies for complex enterprise networks
2.1 Implement structured network maintenance management processes and procedures in line with enterprise design plans and policies for ensuring high network reliability
2.2 Undertake risk assessment evaluation and rank threats for minimal impact
2.3 Develop and implement disaster recovery strategies for reliable contingencies and business continuity in a complex routing environment
2.4 Measure and analyse performance against an agreed baseline
3. Conduct structured network
3.1 Analyse and troubleshoot layer 2 and 3 switch configuration to ensure the availability and resilience of a switched environment
3.2 Implement effective control of broadcast and multicast traffic in a switched environment
3.3 Analyse and troubleshoot scalable network layer connectivity with routing data structures and routing functions
3.4 Analyse and troubleshoot enterprise intra and internetwork routing protocols, architectures and processes
3.5 Analyse and troubleshoot route redistribution operations in inter-autonomous system routing architectures and processes
3.6 Test and manage internet protocol version 6 (IPv6) and version 4 (IPv4) addressing schema and verify internal and external internet protocol (IP) address translation standards
3.7 Analyse and troubleshoot communication filtering techniques, automated address allocation systems and IPv6 operational issues in the context of enterprise routing protocols
3.8 Analyse and troubleshoot wireless network configuration issues
3.9 Analyse and resolve network performance issues in an integrated voice or video network