Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTTEN425, 'Design, install and configure a customer smart technology network'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Design, install and configure a customer smart technology network' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare for design and installation of a smart technology network
1.1 Prepare for given work according to work health and safety (WHS) and environmental requirements with appropriate personnel from the enterprise
1.2 Identify safety hazards and implement risk control measures in consultation with appropriate personnel
1.3 Determine nature and scope of the smart technology network from customer specifications and appropriate personnel
1.4 Obtain operating instructions, manuals, hardware and software testing methodologies
1.5 Consult appropriate personnel to ensure task is coordinated effectively with others involved at the worksite
2. Design a customer smart technology network
2.1 Produce a smart technology network topology that is interoperable and scalable after considering customer requirements, technical specifications, physical and financial constraints and expansion projections
2.2 Determine network devices and network resources according to enterprise procedures
2.3 Produce smart technology network design including network security and network element configurations to meet design specifications and enterprise procedures
3. Install and configure a designed smart technology network
3.1 Install smart technology network hardware to topology design plan according to enterprise procedures
3.2 Determine network addressing scheme for network connectivity, and verify using calculations
3.3 Configure network elements to perform logical connection of smart technology network topology with required network security features
3.4 Conduct connectivity and performance tests to verify the network installation meets design specification
3.5 Troubleshoot smart technology network and internet connectivity according to manufacturerâ€™s specifications and enterprise procedures
4. Complete and document network design and installation
4.1 Restore worksite to safe condition according to established safety procedures
4.2 Record and store essential design and installation information according to enterprise procedures
4.3 Notify appropriate personnel of task completion according to enterprise procedures