Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP330B, 'Establish positions of underground utilities using locating devices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish positions of underground utilities using locating devices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Plan and prepare for locating services.
1.1 Determine work site boundaries and task requirements from plans, specifications and instructions.
1.2 Use available information sources for the location of underground services and consider the presence of undocumented services.
1.3 Select and check appropriate pipe and cable locating equipment.
1.4 Assess hazards associated with underground services and plan preventive measures.
2Operate pipe and cable locating equipment.
2.1 Mark work site boundaries and set up work-site according to organisational and statutory requirements.
2.2 Operate pipe and cable locating equipment according to manufacturer's specifications and guidelines.
2.3 Interpret spurious signals or interference with pipe and cable locating equipment and make appropriate compensation.
2.4 Identify and remedy malfunctions of locating instruments.
2.5 Mark the approximate location of services on the surface of the work site according to organisational and statutory requirements.
2.6 Obtain confirmation of services' locations prior to excavation, according to organisational and statutory requirements.
3Maintain locating equipment.
3.1 Perform daily maintenance of equipment according to organisational and manufacturer's requirements.
3.2 Record maintenance details in a logbook according to organisational and manufacturer's requirements.