Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PMBPROD343, 'Shut down plant area'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Shut down plant area' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Respond to requests for equipment shutdown
Identify the nature of the shutdown required and the circumstances leading to the decision
Establish the impact of the shutdown on production capabilities and where necessary reassign work
Advise appropriate personnel of shutdown
Plan the level of shutdown activity required
Confirm shutdown of equipment or work area to procedures
Identify specific plant and equipment affected by the shutdown and ensure that no further raw materials are provided
Ensure equipment and site is cleaned up with all waste removed for recycling or disposal
Tag or isolate equipment, and appropriate personnel are advised that the equipment and/or area are off-line
Supervise personnel in equipment shutdown procedures
Prepare equipment for idle period to procedures
Ensure that suitable guards, locks, tags or notices are placed on equipment in clear view to prevent inadvertent start-up
Ensure that any adjustments, control alterations, lubrication or application of corrosion inhibitors are undertaken by appropriate personnel in accordance with workplace procedures
Arrange for appropriate coverage of equipment and security of area in the case of prolonged idleness
Complete workplace documentation
Complete relevant documentation, detailing the nature of the shutdown activity, dates and the equipment which has been taken out of service
Advise management of shutdown procedure outcomes
Complete required regulatory documentation and obtain any external certification that may be necessary
Anticipate and solve problems
Recognise a problem or a potential problem
Determine problems needing priority action
Refer problems outside area of responsibility to appropriate person, with possible causes
Seek information and assistance as required to solve problems
Solve problems within area of responsibility
Follow through items initiated until final resolution has occurred