Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver PSPMGT008, 'Formulate business strategies'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Formulate business strategies' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions section.
1. Define and implement business strategies
1.1 Formulate business unit objectives in accordance with strategic priorities.
1.2 Develop strategies that relate to the business unitâ€™s strategic objectives.
1.3 Develop strategies in consultation with key stakeholders including other business units and organisations.
1.4 Delegate strategies and associated objectives to operational levels within the business unit.
1.5 Provide information on business strategies that specifies output targets and performance standards to individuals, teams and groups.
1.6 Develop a system which includes key performance indicators to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of strategies.
2. Review the effectiveness of business strategies
2.1 Review strategies in relation to attainment of key objectives, budgets, resources and timelines.
2.2 Consider multiple perspectives and sources of information in determining the effectiveness of strategies.
2.3 Review effectiveness of the strategy against key performance indicators.
2.4 Formulate and act upon recommendations on appropriate enhancements to the strategies and plans.
3. Manage risk associated with business strategies
3.1 Identify and evaluate risks associated with the implementation of the business unitâ€™s strategies.
3.2 Assess risk levels as acceptable or unacceptable and balance against opportunities afforded by taking risks.
3.3 Use information sources to assess levels of identified risks.
3.4 Select, implement risk, monitor and review risk treatments.