Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver RIIERR503A, 'Implement emergency preparedness and response systems'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement emergency preparedness and response systems' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Plan and prepare for implementing site procedures
1.1. Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to emergency preparedness and response implementation
1.2. Access, interpret and clarify the emergency preparedness and response system
1.3. Identify, clarify and communicate to all persons, roles and responsibilities, as specified in the established emergency preparedness and response procedures
1.4. Identify, forecast, obtain and allocate/schedule resources required for the implementation of established emergency preparedness and response procedures
1.5. Implement the emergency preparedness and response training program
1.6. Encourage, receive, review and, where appropriate, implement suggestions and recommendations for changes to established emergency preparedness and response implementation procedures
2. Implement site procedures
2.1. Receive and communicate incident information in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.2. Assess and communicate the nature and scope of the incident in accordance with emergency preparedness and response plans
2.3. Identify and implement relevant emergency plans in accordance established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.4. Implement emergency response and evacuation plans and procedures in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.5. Implement operations facilities for incident management in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.6. Implement procedures for monitoring, recording and reporting on emergency incidents according to statutory requirements and those of established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.7. Implement procedures for the collection and analysis of emergency preparedness and response data
2.8. Develop and contribute action plans to manage the situation/incident in accordance with emergency procedures
2.9. Implement action plans in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.10. Deploy required services, personnel, equipment and resources to meet action plan
2.11. Assess and communicate effectiveness of action plan to achieve required outcomes in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
2.12. Communicate incident information in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
3. Implement post-incident management procedures
3.1. Contribute to plans to manage post-incident actions are in accordance with statutory and site requirements
3.2. Implement post-incident action plans in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
3.3. Contribute to investigations into the nature and cause of the situation/incident and submit relevant reports in accordance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures
4. Audit procedures
4.1. Audit emergency preparedness and response systems and procedures for compliance with statutory and emergency preparedness and response procedures requirements
4.2. Audit emergency preparedness and response communication and recording systems for compliance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures' requirements.
4.3. Audit emergency preparedness and response training program for currency, relevance and compliance with established emergency preparedness and response procedures