Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIFOHS007A, 'Identify hazards and assess risks in a cemetery or crematorium'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Identify hazards and assess risks in a cemetery or crematorium' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assess risk and identify unacceptable risk in cemetery and crematorium.
Conduct a risk assessment of potential hazards in the cemetery or crematorium.
Evaluate and determine consequence if a confined space hazard is present.
Consider and determine likelihood of hazard exposure.
Identify and source criteria for acceptability or unacceptability of the risk.
Evaluate risk against criteria to identify if it warrants 'unacceptable risk' status and action or refer to appropriate party as required.
Identify confined space hazards in cemetery and crematorium.
Clearly identify actual and potential confined spaces through review of the nature of the space and its characteristics.
Analyse work area conditions to identify or recognise potential confined spacehazards in the workplace.
Access and analyse information on existing risk control practices and use as appropriate.
Recognise type and scope of unresolved confined space hazards and their likely impact.
Identify, analyse and implement risk treatments for an identified confined space.
Identify and consider all possible risk treatment options.
Identify feasible options by preliminary analysis and consideration of possible options.
Analyse feasible risk treatment options and identify resource requirements.
Select most appropriate action for dealing with the risk.
Plan and prepare for risk control in detail and acquire or obtain required resources.
Complete records and reports.
Communicate information on risk control implementation to relevant people.
Complete records and reports for hazards and risk control actions from personal risk assessment as specified by legislative and site requirements.
Provide feedback and input to OHS practitioners on range of variables associated with confined space work to improve hazard and risk management.