Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXGLC001A, 'Monitor compliance with legal and legislative requirements affecting business operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor compliance with legal and legislative requirements affecting business operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Determine legal structure of the business.
Examine legal options for the most suitable type of business structure.
Investigate legal rights and responsibilities of the business to ensure business is adequately protected under legal and legislative provisions.
Monitor compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
Confirm statutory requirements affecting the structure of the wholesale business and take steps to ensure full compliance.
Confirm statutory and regulatory requirements affecting the operations of the business and take appropriate steps to ensure full compliance.
Determine insurance requirements and acquire adequate cover to ensure risk minimisation.
Secure registration of wholesale business according to owner/operator preferences and legal requirements.
Maintain and update legal documents and relevant records according to security and access requirements.
Establish rights to wholesale products and services.
Secure information on any purchase rights and ensure full understanding of their implications.
Establish conditions applying to production and supply of wholesale products and services to ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements.
Establish cost of procurement rights to wholesale products and services, including ongoing financial planning.
Confirm rights and responsibilities applying to the use of wholesale products and services to ensure accurate information is communicated to customers.
Secure legal advice on contractual rights and obligations, if required, to clarify wholesale business liabilities.
Secure rights to products and services.
Ensure production rights secured are based on an informed assessment of all available information.
Determine brand ownership and protection rights.
Secure contractual procurement rights to provide optimal conditions for production of wholesale products and services.