Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMPR004A, 'Market products'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Market products' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish wholesale customer requirements.
Research existing and potential customers to establish demand.
Determine and compare requirements for business customers and customers of those businesses.
Devise and implement systems to receive, respond to and address customer feedback.
Assess market research information against the aims and targets of the business plan.
Record customer requirements and preferences in relation to business products or services and factor into marketing strategies.
Develop marketing strategies.
Devise marketing strategies to optimise sales and profit in line with:
aim and targets of the business plan
benefits to business partners
capacity and resources of the business
forecasts relating to demand.
Accurately complete segmentation, targeting and positioning of a product.
Determine resource requirements for implementation of marketing plans.
Accurately set cost of promotional activities to reach identified and potential customers.
Accurately determine marketing mix.
Determine promotional and distribution methods to reach the identified market segments.
Implement marketing strategies.
Implement marketing strategies aimed at improving the wholesale business's competitive position.
Allocate business resources required to effectively implement marketing strategies.
Coordinate internal and external personnel to implement marketing strategies.
Monitor marketing strategies.
Establish systems for regularly monitoring marketing activities and evaluating marketing strategies.
Complete analysis of marketing strategies to ascertain emerging or changing business opportunities.
Monitor achievement of performance targets for a marketing plan.
Identify and address barriers to attainment of marketing strategy outcomes.
Evaluate marketing strategies and customer satisfaction.
Secure customer reaction to all aspects of the marketing mix to guide future marketing activities.
Evaluate sales and service levels to determine opportunities for change and improve marketing activities to business or direct customers.
Evaluate sales and marketing outcomes to guide future product and service development, change and improvement.
Seek recommendations for improvement in performance in relation to specific marketing effort from staff and business customers.