Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMPR007A, 'Devise a strategic marketing plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Devise a strategic marketing plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Set strategic marketing goals and performance indicators.
Analyse suggestions for adjustments or changes to marketing goals.
Develop strategic performance indicators to underpin marketing strategies by business unit or product area.
Formulate marketing guidelines by business unit or product area.
Differentiate market segments.
Develop new market entry strategies by market segment as required.
Collaboratively develop goals and performance indicators for a strategic marketing plan.
Identify key result areas and set key performance indicators for relevant components of the strategic marketing plan.
Determine resource requirements for a team to meet strategic marketing plan objectives or key performance indicators.
Ensure final strategic marketing plan conforms to, and assists achievement of, business and strategic planning objectives and projections.
Monitor markets and analyse data according to marketing and business plans.
Prepare special market reports to agreed format, timing and level of detail.
Model and analyse market trends.
Anticipate market trends.
Position products and services to gain sustainable market advantage.
Develop market assessment measures to evaluate impact of forecasts on market demand.
Analyse future forecasts of market demand.
Analyse market position for the business in relation to major competitors.
Evaluate strategies best suited to enhance market advantages, within a product or service area, with particular reference to supply continuity, product and service mix, distribution, quality factors (e.g. time, cost, and variations), access and brand recognition.
Analyse potential competitors for the businesses' market position.
Maximise planning and monitoring frameworks.
Foster cooperation between different teams and operational areas to establish effective planning and monitoring frameworks for the marketing plan.
Coordinate meetings and incorporate input from internal and external stakeholders into the strategic marketing plan.
Set action plans and priorities for the strategic marketing plan.
Ensure opportunities and processes exist for informed decisions and adjustments to be made to marketing budgets and targets.
Manage development of the strategic marketing plan to meet the overall business planning cycle.
Implement the strategic marketing plan.
Develop policies and procedures for implementation and communication of strategic marketing plan.
Establish and apply approval process for amendment and replacement of key performance indicators within the strategic marketing plan.
Establish action planning processes and procedures.
Establish mechanisms to monitor, report and evaluate attainment of key performance indicators and key result areas.
Submit recommendations to improve information management, collection and analysis relating to strategic marketing plan implementation to relevant executive managers.