Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAACMQ504B, 'Determine and manage scope of training and/or assessment services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Determine and manage scope of training and/or assessment services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Investigate scope of training and/or assessment services
Scope of existing training and/or assessment services provided by the training/assessment organisation is researched, analysed and evaluated, where relevant
The purpose/s of providing/obtaining training and/or assessment services are clarified with senior personnel and other relevant stakeholders
Research and analysis is carried out to determine internal/external market demand for training and/or assessment services
Existing sources of provision and preferred source of provision that reflect purpose/s and market demand are investigated
Identify organisational capacity and appropriateness of providing training and/or assessment services
Costs and benefits of directly providing training and/or assessment services are estimated and documented
Costs and benefits of outsourcing/partnering training and/or assessment services are estimated
Funding sources to support services are identified
Recommendations relating to scope including operational parameters, operational status and modus operandi are made to relevant personnel, where required
Coordinate legal/ organisational requirements
Legal/organisational requirements to maintain/ modify scope of training and/or assessment services are identified and interpreted
Relevant documentation is finalised and submitted to the appropriate authority
Communication and interactions with appropriate authority are coordinated and maintained
Issues/irregularities identified by self and/or others are addressed and managed in an appropriate timeframe and manner
Monitor scope of training and/or assessment services
Legal/organisational requirements relating to scope are monitored and maintained
The environment is monitored for changes that may impact on scope and advice is provided to relevant persons, as required
Information relating to scope is disseminated to relevant persons and organisations