Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TDMMR5407B, 'CARRY OUT REFUELLING AND FUEL TRANSFER OPERATIONS'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'CARRY OUT REFUELLING AND FUEL TRANSFER OPERATIONS' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan refuelling or fuel transfer operation
Refuelling and fuel transfer planning activities are carried out as per procedures
The amount and positioning of the fuel on board the receiving vessel are calculated using established methods
The impacts of refuelling on stability and the safety of the vessel are determined and taken into account
Appropriate action is taken to ensure that all required safety equipment is available, including emergency response stores
Prepare vessel for refuelling or fuel transfer operations
Pre-refuelling or pre-fuel-transfer activities and precautions are carried out as per established procedures and regulatory requirements
Complete refuelling orfuel transfer
Refuelling or fuel transfer process is carried out in accordance with established procedures
Appropriate action is taken to ensure that communications are maintained between all persons involved in the refuelling or fuel transfer operation
The safety boundary is maintained for the full duration of the operation
Respond to emergency situation
An appropriate response is made to an emergency situation in accordance with established emergency and practised procedures.
Safety zone is closed off and isolated in accordance with emergency procedures and regulatory requirements
All persons within the safety zone are correctly notified and their activities managed to ensure safety in accordance with emergency procedures and regulatory requirements
Appropriate authorities are notified and actions taken as directed in accordance with emergency procedures and regulatory requirements