Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver THHGLE16B, 'Manage physical assets'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage physical assets' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop strategies for systematic maintenance, repair and purchase of physical assets
Develop strategies for managing physical assets that reflect overall enterprise business and marketing objectives.
Evaluate current and potential financial objectives and constraints in developing asset management strategies.
Integrate all occupational health and safety requirements into physical asset management.
Develop and maintain an accurate and current physical assets register as part of the asset management strategy.
Incorporate maintenance and repair regimes, which minimise disruption and loss of revenue and which involve appropriate specialists.
Integrate the need for environmental sustainability into physical asset management practices.
Monitor the condition and performance of physical assets in the workplace
Establish and implement systems to ensure that the condition and performance of physical assets are regularly reported and discussed within the enterprise.
Establish and implement systems to identify timely replacement of physical assets.
Make assessments of physical asset performance based on safety, operational efficiency and customer service quality.
Identify problems promptly and take appropriate action.
Identify the need for and access specialist assistance when required.
Co-ordinate financing of physical assets
Prepare accurate work or equipment specifications to guide the acquisition process.
Estimate acquisition costs based on evaluation of current, accurate and relevant data, including supplier quotations and estimates.
Make appropriate decisions on the acquisition of physical assets in accordance with enterprise policies and procedures.
Select methods of financing to meet enterprise current financial objectives based on an analysis of internal and external
Implement the financing process in consultation with key stakeholders and appropriate financial specialists.
Make and keep accurate records of all financial agreements and related documents.