Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIA3207C, 'Organise transport of freight or goods'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Organise transport of freight or goods' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan transport operations
Knowledge of product to be freighted and workplace procedures are applied to the analysis of the transportation process
Domestic and international regulations, codes and procedures for the transport of freight are identified
Resources including manual handling equipment, employees competencies, storage areas, goods management equipment and transportation equipment are identified to match the task
Work processes are planned to meet agreed timelines
Types of transportation required for the freight or goods is identified to match customer requirements, freight type and delivery time
Multiple transport modes are identified where applicable
Goods transfer methods between modes of transport are selected where appropriate
Organise the transport of freight
Employees, equipment and temporary storage areas (if required) are allocated and supervised
Freight is secured ensuring no damage to contents
Handling methods suitable to the goods and transport method are selected
Individuals are informed of work requirements and timelines
Work processes are monitored to ensure that resources, both human and equipment, are maintained at productive levels and according to workplace and OH&S requirements
Discrepancies in freight are noted and action undertaken in accordance with workplace procedures
Complete organisational process
Monitoring processes to track the movement of freight are implemented
Reporting requirements are communicated to appropriate personnel
Workplace documents and records are checked for completion and are filed/stored in accordance with workplace procedures