Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIC3034, 'Berth and shut down an electric tram'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Berth and shut down an electric tram' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Determine berthing location
Contact is made with tram controller and depot staff, or information is obtained from an information board, to determine planned location for berthing tram
Directions of tram controller and depot staff are interpreted and followed
Berth and shut down an electric tram
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and risk control measures are implemented
Electric tram is berthed in accordance with organisational and site requirements
Carry out post
Visual and other checks are made of tram in accordance with workplace procedures
Identified faults and defects are fixed or reported and recorded in accordance with workplace procedures
Faulty and defective equipment that presents a safety risk is reported in accordance with workplace procedures and relevant regulations
Outcomes of post
Secure an electric tram
Brakes are applied in accordance with workplace procedures
Electric tram is secured in accordance with depot requirements
Timesheet or other work record is completed
Roster is checked for future work allocation
Issues and variations are discussed and resolved with roster clerk
All required documentation is completed in accordance with workplace procedures
All equipment is returned and stowed in accordance with workplace requirements
Electric tram records are completed in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements