Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEENEEK042A, 'Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare to apply sustainable work practice
Activities are planned and prepared for to ensure OHS policies and procedures are followed with the work appropriately sequenced in accordance with requirements
Appropriate personnel are consulted to ensure the work is co-ordinated effectively with others involved
Materials are obtained and checked in accordance with established procedures and to comply with requirements
Location in which activities are to be undertaken is determined from requirements
Materials necessary to complete the work are obtained in accordance with established procedures and checked against job requirements
Workplace environmental risks and resource efficiency issues are identified
Apply sustainable work practice
OHS policies and procedures for undertaking administrative functions are followed
Activities are undertaken in accordance with requirements to implement techniques which produce energy reduction directly or indirectly
Unplanned events or conditions are responded to in accordance with established procedures
Approval is obtained in accordance with established procedures from appropriate personnel before any contingencies are implemented
On-going checks of the quality of the work are undertaken in accordance with established procedures
Work is carried out efficiently without unnecessary waste of materials or damage to the surrounding environment, while using sustainable work practices which minimise wastage of energy and materials either directly or indirectly
Complete the application of sustainable work practice
Documentation/reports are completed to ensure detailed promotional activities requirements are met
Suggestions are made for improvements to workplace practices to minimise energy and materials wastage
Completion is notified in accordance with established procedures