Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver UEPOPS511B, 'Tune process plant and equipment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Tune process plant and equipment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan and prepare
Tuning requirements are identified from relevant personnel and documentation
Resource and equipment requirements are identified and obtained
Tuning program is coordinated with the appropriate personnel and plant availability, capability and limitations are identified
Testing and monitoring equipment are connected in accordance with test requirements and plant integrity
Plant coordinated to initial operating state ready for testing in accordance with statutory, industry and enterprise/site procedure standards
Test procedure and recording documentation are prepared
Test equipment is calibrated in accordance with relevant standards and/or manufacturer’s procedures
Where appropriate, the teams and individuals roles and responsibilities within the team are identified and, where required, assist in the provision of the on-the-job training
Test plant and implement tuning
Field instrumentation and control elements checked for calibration and correct operation in accordance with enterprise and manufacturer procedures
Testing and tuning is performed in accordance with tuning program, variations are assessed and accommodated to enable test objectives to be met
Results are analysed with reference to desired outcomes and new settings are determined
Accuracy of test results is assessed in analysis of test data and corrections made as required
Plant is retuned to achieve desired outcomes
All relevant records and documentation are updated and retained in accordance with enterprise/site requirements
Nominated changes to equipment operational settings are recommended to appropriate personnel
Implementation of recommendations are monitored to ensure combustion efficiency