Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVID2007, 'Unload aviation freight and baggage'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Unload aviation freight and baggage' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Prepare for aircraft arrival
Allocated flight number is checked and off-load instruction report is obtained
Appropriate personal protective equipment is selected, fitted and worn in accordance with established workplace procedures
Hazards are identified, risks are assessed and hazard management is implemented
Designated aircraft bay is checked prior to aircraft arrival
Foreign object debris (FOD) is identified and removed
Pre-operational check of aircraft unloading equipment is conducted prior to aircraft arrival
Aircraft unloading equipment is correctly positioned prior to aircraft arrival
Operate in-hold aircraft loading system to unload freight and baggage
Aircraft cargo hold door/s surrounds are checked for damage prior to opening
Damaged aircraft cargo hold door/s are reported in accordance with established workplace procedures
Aircraft cargo hold door/s are opened in accordance with established workplace procedures and manufacturer instructions
Aircraft in-hold system is checked prior to unloading freight and baggage
Aircraft is unloaded and confirmed in accordance with aircraft off-load instruction report
Aircraft cargo hold door/s are closed and secured in accordance with aircraft schedule and established workplace procedures
Security seals are placed on aircraft cargo hold door/s in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Respond to problems in unloading freight and baggage from an aircraft
Faults identified during unloading of freight and baggage from aircraft cargo hold are correctly and promptly identified and appropriate solution/s is determined in conjunction with other team members and/or load supervisor/team leader, in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Malfunctions of in-hold loading system are correctly and promptly identified and appropriate action is taken to rectify and/or report problems in accordance with workplace procedures and regulatory requirements
Identified problems that cannot be readily resolved by unloading team is reported and referred to appropriate personnel