Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AVII2014B, 'Provide transport services to passengers with special needs'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide transport services to passengers with special needs' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Identify passengers with special needs
1.1 Passengers with special needs are identified and appropriate action taken to ensure that relevant workplace procedures and regulatory requirements are followed
1.2 If necessary, information on workplace policies and procedures and related regulatory requirements relevant to the special need concerned are accessed and interpreted
1.3 Applicable OH&S principles, policies and procedures relevant to assisting passengers with special needs are identified, accessed and interpreted, in particular those related to manual handling principles
2Communicate effectively with the passenger(s) and/or relevant personnel
2.1 Appropriate communication methods are selected and used to meet the requirements of the passengers with special needs
2.2 Appropriate and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills are used including appropriate body language and language style
2.3 Effective listening skills are demonstrated
2.4 Questions are used to gain appropriate information
2.5 All communications with passengers and other relevant personnel such as carers, guardians, parents, escorts, medical staff, etc. are conducted in a manner which is consistent with the workplace procedures and policy
2.6 Where relevant, passengers/escorts are briefed in accordance with relevant regulations
3Provide assistance to passengers with special needs
3.1 Workplace procedures and relevant regulatory requirements are followed when providing transport services to passengers with special needs in both normal and emergency situations
3.2 Individual customer needs and expectations are identified so that appropriate products and services may be provided in a consistent and timely manner
3.3 Any limitations to service provision is identified, communicated to passengers and checked for understanding
3.4 Appropriate equipment/resources are selected and used to assist passengers with special needs
3.5 Anticipated problems are correctly identified and monitored, and action is taken to minimise their effect on customer safety and satisfaction
3.6 Risks involved in providing transport services to passengers with special needs are identified and appropriate risk control precautions are adopted in accordance with workplace procedures and relevant regulatory requirements, including manual handling principles and procedures