Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBFLM503B, 'Manage effective workplace relationships'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage effective workplace relationships' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Manage information and ideas
Strategies and processes are put in place to ensure that information associated with the achievement of work responsibilities is collected from appropriate sources and communicated to all stakeholders
Strategic planning and operational planning is conducted to ensure that communication of ideas and information is appropriate to the audience and is sensitive to social and cultural diversity and any special needs
Consultation processes are developed and/or implemented to ensure that employees have the opportunity to contribute to issues related to their work and that feedback on outcomes of the consultation process is received
Policies are established and/or implemented to ensure that contributions from internal and external sources are sought and valued in developing and refining new ideas and approaches
Processes and procedures are developed and/or implemented to ensure that issues raised are resolved promptly or referred to relevant personnel as required
Establish systems to develop trust and confidence
Policies are established and/or implemented to ensure that people are treated with integrity, respect and empathy, and that the organisation's social, ethical and business standards are used to develop and maintain effective relationships
Trust and confidence of employees, colleagues, customers and suppliers is gained and maintained through competent performance
Own interpersonal styles and methods are adjusted to the organisation's social and cultural environment and members of the work team are guided and supported in their personal adjustment process
Manage the development and maintenance of networks and relationships
Strategic networks and other work relationships are used to identify and build relationships to provide identifiable benefits for the team and for the organisation
Ongoing planning and implementation are conducted to ensure that effective workplace relationships are developed and maintained
Implement strategies to manage difficulties to achieve positive outcomes
Strategies are developed and/or implemented to ensure that difficulties are identified and analysed, and that an action plan is developed to rectify the situation in accordance with organisational requirements and relevant legislation
Guidance, counselling and support are extended to colleagues in their efforts to resolve work difficulties
Processes to ensure the identification and management of poor work performance are developed and managed within the organisation's processes
Processes and systems are established to ensure that conflict is identified and managed constructively within the organisation's processes