Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCDIS302A, 'Maintain an environment to empower people with disabilities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain an environment to empower people with disabilities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Work to enhance the independence and 'self-determination' of the person with a disability
1.1 Encourage and support independent action and thinking by the person with the disability
1.2 Identify options for action on relevant issues and discuss with the person with the disability and/or their advocate/s /carer
1.3 Listen to and act upon decisions and/or preferred options of the person with the disability and/or their advocate/s /carer are within organisation policies and protocols
1.4 Provide assistance to person with a disability, their carers and significant others as appropriate to enhance communication of their needs, interests and requirements
2. Foster the independence of a person with a disability
2.1 Develop and support strategies to promote independence, taking differences into account
2.2 Provide on-going support, where required, to maximise independence of person with disability
2.3 Encourage colleagues to promote independence of people with disability
2.4 Encourage people with disability to participate in appropriate forums and provide them with information and skills to do so
2.5 Identify and utilise compensatory aids and modifications in the environment that promote individual strengths and capacities
3. Contribute to the development and review of policy and legislation related to disabilities and disability services
3.1 Encourage people with disability and/or their advocate/s /carer to express their views about policies, legislation and empowerment
3.2 Report non-compliance with legislation and/or policy and protocols to an appropriate person
3.3 Contribute to review of legislation and policy frameworks
3.4 Provide feedback from consumers through appropriate mechanisms
3.5 Work as member of team to research and contribute to policies on empowerment