Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCECE012, 'Support children to connect with their world'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support children to connect with their world' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria specify the level of performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Support children to develop an understanding and respect for the natural environment
1.1 Use opportunities to discuss with children the natural environment and the interdependence between people, plants, animals and the land
1.2 Role-model respect, care and appreciation for both natural and constructed environments
1.3 Assist in providing children with a wide range of natural and recycled materials in their environments both indoor and outdoor
1.4 Providing children with information and access to resources about the environment and the impact of human activities on environments
1.5 Assist in creating spaces that promote the development of life skills, in areas including growing and preparing food, waste reduction and recycling
2. Identify areas for change
2.1 Identify aspects of sustainability in the service
2.2 Recognise opportunities for changes to current practices and principles to ensure they are sustainable
2.3 Develop and implement strategies to address these areas of sustainable change in consultation with supervisor
2.4 Evaluate strategies in consultation with supervisor
3. Support others in implementing sustainable practices
3.1 Encourage children to participate in discussions and learning experiences about sustainable practices
3.2 Encourage adults and children to participate in the sustainable practices of the service
3.3 Identify and encourage opportunities for families and community to be involved