Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPACC4019, 'Provide access advice on building fitouts'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide access advice on building fitouts' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Identify fitout appropriate for the class of building.
Project brief is reviewed and project requirements and arrangements are identified and confirmed according to organisational requirements.
Building Code of Australia (BCA) class of building being fitted out is established according to building legislation,
Spaces required to be accessible are determined according to building legislation, standards and codes.
Fixtures and fittings usually required for each space are determined according to building legislation, standards and codes.
Provide advice on installation options to achieve compliant access.
Advice is provided on required accessibility of each fixture and fitting, based on building legislation, standards and codes.
Advice is provided on ancillary trades required for the installation of each accessible fixture and fitting, based on manufacturer specifications.
Prepare and finalise building fitout access report.
Building fitout access report is prepared for client according to contractual arrangements and organisational requirements.
Advice is sought where required to assist in identifying and analysing unknown elements relating to specifications.
Draft building fitout access report is reviewed with required persons according to organisational requirements.
Feedback received from review process is incorporated and access report is completed.
Distribute and store building fitout access report.
Building fitout access report and associated documentation are prepared according to organisational requirements.
Report and associated documentation are forwarded to the client according to contractual arrangements.
Copy of report and associated documentation is recorded and retained according to organisational and legislative requirements.