Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCLO2044A, 'Prepare rooms for guests and residents'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare rooms for guests and residents' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Set up equipment and trolleys.
Equipment required for servicing rooms is selected and prepared according to enterprise procedures.
Supplies required for cleaning trolleys are identified and selected or ordered in sufficient quantities according to enterprise procedures.
Trolleys are safely loaded with adequate supplies according to enterprise procedures.
Access rooms for servicing.
Rooms requiring service are identified from information supplied to cleaning staff.
Rooms are accessed according to enterprise client service and security procedures.
Rooms are accessed in the correct order and with minimum disruption to guests or residents.
Guest or resident items left in vacated rooms are collected and stored according to enterprise procedures.
Rooms are checked for defects and damages which are recorded and reported according to enterprise procedures.
Pests are identified promptly and action is taken according to safety and enterprise procedures.
Unusual or suspicious items or occurrences are reported promptly according to enterprise procedures.
Make up beds.
Beds and mattresses are stripped and pillows and linen checked for stains and damage.
Bed linen is replaced according to enterprise standards and procedures.
Furniture, fixtures and fittings are cleaned according to enterprise procedures and safety and hygiene guidelines.
Room supplies are checked and replenished or replaced according to enterprise standards.
Trolleys and equipment are cleaned and stored after use