Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CPPCMN4007, 'Manage workplace safety arrangements'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage workplace safety arrangements' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the range of conditions.
Provide information about companyâ€™s health and safety policies, procedures and programs.
Relevant provisions of health and safety legislation as they relate to workplace procedures are explained clearly and accurately to work group according to company requirements.
Company health and safetyrequirements, policies, procedures and programs are explained clearly and accurately to work group according to company requirements.
Information about health and safety policies, procedures and programs is provided to work group in a readily accessible manner according to company requirements.
Information aboutidentifying hazards and assessing risks and the process and outcomes of risk assessment and risk control procedures is provided and explained regularly, clearly and accurately to work group according to company requirements.
Implement and monitor participative arrangements for managing health and safety.
Processes enabling participation in health and safety issues are implemented and monitored.
Issues arising from participative arrangements are promptly assessed and resolved, or referred for resolution according to workplace procedures.
Outcomes of participative arrangements pertaining to health and safety issues are documented and promptly communicated to work group according to company requirements.
Implement and monitor company procedures for identifying hazards and assessing risks.
Existing and potential hazards in the work area are identified and reported according to health and safety legislation, workplace procedures, and company requirements.
Risk analysis using risk analysis protocols is conducted and action to control risks is taken according to health and safety legislation, workplace procedures, and company requirements.
Work area is monitored continuously to identify new hazards according to health and safety legislation, workplace procedures, and company requirements.
Implement and monitor company procedures for controlling risks.
Work procedures for controlling risks are developed and implemented according to health and safety legislation and company requirements.
Adherence to work procedures by work group is monitored according to company requirements.
Effectiveness of work procedures is monitored using hierarchy of control, and results are reported regularly according to company requirements.
Resource allocation requirements for implementing work procedures to control risks are identified, and inadequacies are reported according to company requirements.
Implement company procedures for dealing with hazardous events.
Incidents are investigated to establish cause according to health and safety legislation and company requirements.
Hazardous event control procedures for dealing with hazardous events and emergencies are implemented according to health and safety and environmental legislation, and company requirements.
Control measures based on hierarchy of control are implemented within scope of responsibilities or referred to appropriate personnel for implementation according to company requirements.
Implement and monitor company procedures for providing health and safety training.
Health and safety training needs are identified and documented according to company requirements.
Training, coaching and mentoring to meet identified needs of work group are arranged through consultation with involved parties according to company requirements.
Implement and monitor company procedures for maintaining health and safety records.
Companyâ€™s incident or accident reporting and recording process is provided and explained to work group according to company requirements.
Health and safety records of occupational injury and disease are completed according to legal requirements, workplace procedures, and company requirements.
Hazard analysis data and information from health and safety records are used to identify hazards and monitor risk control procedures within scope of responsibilities and competencies and according to company requirements.