Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Implement system software changes'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICAICT304A, 'Implement system software changes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement system software changes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Determine system changes required
1.1 Determine and record required changes to system
1.2 Ensure that documentary evidence exists to support changes and evaluate changes required
1.3 Complete documentation required according to maintenance methodologies
1.4 Clarify and confirm the nature of the changes with the client
1.5 Obtain technical data from reliable sources and request other resources that may be required to complete the changes
2. Carry out system changes
2.1 Plan the procedure to effect intended changes
2.2 Consult with colleagues and users involved in the proposed changes and agree a mutually acceptable timeline and method of implementation
2.3 Copy initialisation or configuration files prior to implementation
2.4 Create a roll-back path in the event of failure
2.5 Ensure that changes required in software are made according to project or organisational guidelines
2.6 Test and verify that the changes have been made according to implementation guides and organisational standards
3. Present changes to client
3.1 Demonstrate changes to the client and explain the impact of these changes
3.2 Work towards making these changes acceptable to the client if changes are rejected, or making further modifications if required
3.3 Update documentation and repositories according to standards and update modifications made to the change-management system
4. Perform handover to client
4.1 Update documentation and client procedures to reflect changes made
4.2 Secure sign-off of acceptance documents by client
4.3 Facilitate handover of modified system to client's operational area