Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARF010, 'Work safely in confined spaces on a vessel'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work safely in confined spaces on a vessel' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Identify confined spaces and their regulatory framework
Characteristics of a confined space are outlined
Confined spaces in the workplace are identified
Regulations and standards relevant to confined space operations on vessels are identified
Relevant codes of practice and sources of guidance for undertaking confined space work are identified
Potential hazards of confined spaces are identified
Assess confined space for entry
Purpose and need to enter confined space is confirmed
Hazards in and around confined space and those associated with work to be performed are identified
Risk assessment is conducted and documented according to organisational procedures
Risk control measures are identified and documented
Obtain permission to enter confined space
Process and documentation required for authorisation to enter confined space are identified
Permission to enter and work in confined space is sought from authorised personnel on vessel according to regulatory and organisational requirements
Permit requirements associated with confined space entry and work to be performed are confirmed and completed
Plan and prepare for entry
Appropriate plan is prepared for completion of work activity in confined space
Process is followed to ensure confined space is ready for entry
Appropriate personal protective clothing and equipment is selected and used correctly
Entry equipment is made ready and used according to manufacturer operating instructions
Precautions during entry are identified to protect occupants
Apply emergency procedures
Role and responsibilities of standby person/s are clearly defined
Planned emergency procedures appropriate for circumstances are implemented
Personal protective equipment and emergency rescue equipment is selected, prepared and used
Conclude confined space operations
Personnel involved and equipment used are accounted for
Equipment is cleaned, inspected and/or serviced prior to stowage
Confined space entry is secured, isolations are removed and space is returned to normal
Permit is withdrawn and documentation is completed according to regulatory requirements and organisational policy