Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MARJ002, 'Monitor environmental management on a vessel'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor environmental management on a vessel' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Ensure crew are able to implement environmental work practices
Information on environmental management policies and procedures is accessible and communicated to crew
Information about identified environmental hazards and outcomes of risk assessments and risk control procedures are accessed and communicated to crew
Crew are informed of environmental hazards and risk control measures relating to their work responsibilities
Mentoring and coaching are provided to support individuals/crew to implement procedures to support environmental management
Crew is supported to implement relevant principles to meet environmental obligations and regulatory requirements
Crew is consulted and environmental issues relevant to their work role are identified and promptly resolved or referred to appropriate personnel
Monitor observance of environmental management procedures
Procedures for environmental management on the vessel are clearly defined and followed
Deviations from environmental management procedures are identified and addressed
Personal behaviour is monitored to ensure it is consistent with environmental management procedures
Housekeeping standards on the vessel are maintained
Breaches of environmental protection requirements are documented according to organisational procedures and regulatory requirements
Implement emergency procedures to respond to hazardous events
Procedures for dealing with hazardous events are promptly implemented as required
Hazardous events are investigated to identify cause
Control measures to prevent recurrence and to minimise risks of hazardous events to the marine environment are implemented
Emergency is reported in accordance with organisational procedures and regulatory requirements
Maintain and improve vessel environmental management
Risk assessments are conducted and appropriate control measures are identified and implemented according to organisational procedures
Appropriate records and log book entries are made to assist the review of managing environmental protection measures
Potential hazards are identified, assessed and removed or reported according to organisational procedures
Recommendations arising from risk assessments are implemented within level of responsibility
Inadequacies in control measures are identified and reported according to organisational procedures
Opportunities for improving environmental performance are identified and raised with appropriate personnel