Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver MSS014004A, 'Develop team strategies for more sustainable use of resources'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop team strategies for more sustainable use of resources' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Facilitate the development of process and sustainability knowledge
Identify sustainability goals of enterprise as they relate to work area
Ensure capability of the team
Develop mentoring processes for team members in process and sustainability related skills
Structure team activities to facilitate the ongoing development of team members
Arrange for the development of competency by team members as required
Encourage team members to apply technical knowledge to the process
Facilitate team improvements to sustainability
Ensure sustainability requirements, operating procedures and other relevant documents are available to the team
Assist team members apply relevant information to the sustainability requirements of the team
Encourage team members to identify sub-optimal sustainability performance and make improvement suggestions
Resource a proactive approach to sustainability
Develop communications between specialists outside the team and team members
Develop strategies to monitor and deal with key sustainability issues in work area
Arrange for resources for team members to identify and take appropriate action on sustainability issues
Arrange workforce development for team members, as required, in proactive sustainability techniques
Implement sustainability improvements for work area
Plan the implementation of team suggested and externally directed sustainability improvements
Facilitate team member commitment to and involvement in the implementation and monitoring of improvements
Encourage the application of the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) approach to the job
Arrange for workforce development as required to facilitate continued team involvement in sustainability improvement