Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver NWP219A, 'Work safely in confined spaces'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work safely in confined spaces' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1Assess confined space for entry.
1.1 Check OHS manuals, standard workplace instructions and policies dealing with working in confined spaces.
1.2 Confirm purpose for entry to confined space.
1.3 Conduct risk assessment of confined space access activity and document according to organisational, legislative and regulatory requirements.
1.4 Review established emergency procedures to be put in place as required.
2Plan and prepare for entry.
2.1 Identify workplace proceduresand work instructions for controlling risks in confined spaces and use to plan entry.
2.2 Record on entry permit safety equipment and personal protective equipment to be used.
2.3 Conduct isolation procedures prior to entry when appropriate to planned entry.
2.4 Conduct atmospheric assessment of confined space and record results on entry permit.
2.5 Set up and locate equipment specified on entry permit.
2.6 Confirm communication and emergency response procedures with the stand-by person.
2.7 Complete and process entry permit authorising entry to confined space following required procedures.
3Enter confined space safely.
3.1 Select, fit and use personal protective equipment specified on entry permit.
3.2 Ensure entry permit is signed prior to entering confined space.
3.3 Ensure entry to confined space is controlled according to requirements specified in entry permit.
3.4 Continue atmospheric monitoring while the confined space is occupied.
3.5 Maintain communication with stand-by person and confined space entry personnel.
3.6 Complete task to be undertaken in confined space according to organisational procedures and safe work practices.
4Conclude confined space operations.
4.1 Ensure confined space is evacuated and sign-out is completed on entry permit.
4.2 Ensure signature of authorised person on entry permit is gained at completion of operations.
4.3 Ensure confined space entry equipment is cleaned, examined and stored according to manufacturer and organisational requirements.
4.4 Ensure confined space is secured according to organisational requirements.