Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRMER004A, 'Prepare and display bakery products'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare and display bakery products' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare bakery products.
Identify preparation and handling requirements for individual bakery products according to legislative requirements and store policy and procedures.
Identify volume of product requiring preparation according to store procedures.
Identify and prepare products according to product and legislative requirements.
Use all equipment safely, switch off after use, and clean and store according to legislative requirements.
Prepare items to comply with weight statements on labels according to legislative requirements.
Select packaging and place items into or on packaging according to product requirements, legislative requirements and store procedures.
Place and arrange bakery products.
Unpack bakery products according to legislative requirements and store procedures.
Check bakery products for quality and freshness prior to placement on display.
Identify damaged, deteriorated, spoiled or out-of-date stock and take corrective action as required according to legislative requirements and store procedures.
Identify packaging requirements for bakery products, and package and label products, where required, according to legislative requirements and store procedures.
Place bakery products in or on storage and display units in determined locations and place individual products in separate areas, containers or dividers, where required, to avoid spoilage and to enhance presentation.
Display bakery products to achieve a balanced appearance and promote sales.
Place bakery product range to conform to fixtures, ticketing, prices or bar codes.
Rotate bakery products according to shelf life, use-by dates, legislative requirements and store procedures.
Ensure presentation of bakery products complies with product handling requirements and techniques, and legislative requirements.
Prepare display labels and tickets.
Prepare labels and tickets for window, wall or floor displays, display units or products according to store policy.
Date code stock where required.
Identify soiled, damaged, illegible or incorrect labels and tickets and take corrective action.
Identify and ticket late mark-downs and reductions as required according to store policy.
Use and maintain electronic ticketing equipment according to design specifications and store procedures.
Maintain and store ticketing equipment in a secure location.
Place, arrange and display price tickets and labels.
Ensure tickets and labels are visible and correctly placed or replaced to conform to legislative requirements and store policy.
Maintain correct pricing and clear information on products according to store procedures and legislative requirements.
Maintain bakery product displays.
Select bakery products for display.
Set and dismantle promotion areas according to store procedures.
Ensure products are arranged and faced up as directed and according to layout and equipment specifications.
Identify, reset or remove unsuitable or out-of-date displays as directed.
Identify optimum stock levels and replenish stock according to store policy.
Maintain display areas in a clean, safe and hygienic manner according to legislative requirements.
Remove excess packaging from display areas and dispose of according to legislative requirements and store procedures.
Protect bakery products.
Identify and use correct handling, storage and display techniques according to bakery product characteristics and legislative requirements.
Identify and use personalprotective clothing and equipment and implements for handling products according to legislative requirements and store procedures.
Identify fragile products and handle with extra care to prevent damage or deterioration.
Identify correct temperatures for product range and regularly check and maintain storage and display units to ensure products are kept at recommended temperatures according to legislative requirements and store procedures.
Maintain and clean storage and display units according to legislative requirements.
Report temperature irregularities or equipment faults to appropriate personnel without delay and record according to legislative requirements and store procedures.