Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRRPK010A, 'Recommend home and home improvement products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend home and home improvement products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research store product range.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Identify storeproductrange according to relevant product information.
Recommend home and home improvement products.
Identify relevant products to meet expressed customer requirements to assist their buying decisions.
Demonstrate features and benefits of products to customers to create a buying environment.
Convey technical features and benefits as outlined in manufacturer specifications.
Advise on product warranties.
Clearly explain comparisons between product and manufacturer warranty terms to customers.
Confirm individual product warranty terms and by accessing relevant sources of information and accurately conveying to customers.
Provide customers with written information regarding individual product warranty terms and conditions, especially extended or promotional warranties, according to store policy and procedures.
Estimate quantities and order product.
Estimatearea and product quantities, where required, based on manufacturer specifications, plan provided or customer needs.
Arrange for area measurement where indicated by product type and according to store procedures.
Calculate cost to customers and prepare quotes according to store policy and procedures.
Order product and arrange customer pick-up and delivery or installation where required.
Provide customers with accurate information regarding product availability, delivery and installation procedures as required, including date and time of delivery.
Notify customers promptly of any undue delays regarding completion, supply or installation of products.
Negotiate price and payment options.
Convey store recommended retail pricing for various brand options accurately conveyed to customers according to legislative requirements.
Negotiate individual product prices according to store policy where necessary to achieve sales.
Convey store payment options to customers and negotiate preferred option following store procedures.
Advise on and arrange product service and repair.
Diagnose problem in terms of operator and equipment faults by observation, customer questioning and accessing manufacturer information.
Offer solutions according to nature of problem, available product information and store policy.
Identify and accurately describe service and repair process to customers, as required, according to store policy.
Prepare and supply quotations and timelines to customers for basic service and repairs.
Identify and accurately transcribe customer details to repair form according to store procedures.
Label and securely store items for repair according to store policy.
Notify customers without undue delay on completion of service and repair.