Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXSLS009A, 'Manage sales teams'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage sales teams' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Review sales team performance and procedures.
Obtain reports from sales teams in relevant detail, format and at agreed times.
Analyse and action sales team reports.
Review sales team visit procedures.
Determine sales team service procedures.
Analyse sales, costs and profits by territory, sales team and customer group.
Review performance using business procedures for assessing an individual's progress against performance indicators, career plans and development plans.
Manage sales team territory coverage.
Analyse current business position in territory and communicate to sales teams.
Ensure territory coverage plan delivers sales and service targets detailed for each territory.
Devise sales structures within and across territories.
Determine staff and resource requirements for territory coverage.
Set service levels for territories.
Allocate sales representatives to meet market needs.
Conduct regular reviews of territory coverage plans (including staff levels, targets and frequency of visits).
Communicate amendments and changes to territory coverage plans to relevant personnel.
Organise sales staff according to legislative obligations.
Determine legislation and requirements affecting sales staff.
Correctly describe provisions under industrial relations acts and legal requirements that affect day-to-day management of sales teams.
Ensure management of sales teams complies with industrial relations requirements and business policy and procedures.
Stimulate performance by using reward and compensation packages developed for sales teams.
Monitor product or service price and cost structures.
Collect information on competitors' pricing.
Report pricing activity to relevant personnel.
Communicate adjustments or changes required to current price or performance objectives and projections to relevant personnel (in-company, suppliers and customers).
Monitor and reset sales team objectives.
Set and review budgets and quotas for sales teams and individuals.
Support and coordinate sales team meetings.
Action outcomes from sales team meetings according to business policy and procedures.
Conduct regular reviews to monitor implementation of sales team meetings outcomes.
Report back to sales teams on actions completed.
Review sales and pricing strategies to support revised sales and service objectives.