Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXENV003A, 'Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop workplace sustainability policy.
Define scope of sustainability policy.
Identify and consult with stakeholders as a key component of the policy development process and evaluate opportunities for stakeholders to participate in partnership sustainability practices.
Include in the policy, strategies for minimising resource use, reducing toxic material and hazardous chemical use and employing life cycle management approaches at all stages of work.
Recommend policy options based on likely effectiveness, timeframes and cost.
Develop policy that reflects the organisation's commitment to sustainability as an integral part of the business planning and as a business opportunity.
Agree on appropriate methods of implementation.
Consider and evaluate relevant inclusions from established industry benchmark standards and codes of conduct.
Communicate the policy.
Promote the policy and its expected outcomes to key stakeholders and agree on implementation.
Inform those involved in implementing the policy on outcomes to be expected, activities to be undertaken and assigned responsibilities.
Develop mechanisms and systems to maximise opportunities to capture feedback.
Implement the policy.
Develop and communicate procedures to help implement the policy.
Implement strategies for continuous improvement in resource efficiency.
Establish and assign responsibilities relating to record systems for tracking continuous improvements in sustainability approaches.
Review policy implementation.
Document outcomes and provide feedback to key personnel and stakeholders.
Investigate the success or otherwise of policy.
Monitor records to identify trends that may require remedial action and to promote continuous improvement of performance.
Modify policy and procedures to ensure improvements.