Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAEDEL502, 'Provide advanced facilitation practice'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide advanced facilitation practice' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Extend facilitation practices
1.1 Update knowledge of learning methods, facilitation techniques and learning theories, to improve delivery and facilitation practices
1.2 Maintain currency of vocational competencies and related subject matter expertise
1.3 Practise flexibility, innovation and responsiveness in facilitation practice
1.4 Reflect on own practice and experiences as a facilitator, to determine and document potential improvements to delivery approaches
2.Prepare for complex environments
2.1 Identify environmental conditions and their potential impact on teaching
2.2 Manage constraints to delivery with relevant personnel
2.3 Review, and adjust, training and assessment strategies to address the constraints of complex environments
3. Prepare for learners with complex needs
3.1 Research the characteristics of learners with complex needs, and identify potential barriers to learning
3.2 Develop, and adjust, training and assessment strategies, and customise learning materials to meet needs
4. Develop learner independence
4.1 Enhance learner experiences using a range of learning methods and inclusive practices
4.2 Acknowledge and address potential barriers to learning
4.3 Encourage learners towards self-directed learning by establishing enabling processes
5. Reflect on, and improve practice
5.1 Seek input from other relevant personnel regarding teaching, facilitation and learning practices
5.2 Review teaching, facilitation and learning practices to identify and document opportunities for improvement
5.3 Implement the documented improvement plan, review, and adjust as required