Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAELLN411, 'Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Analyse LLN requirements
1.1 Determine LLN skill requirements of the training specification
1.2 Identify and analyse the LLN skill requirements essential to workplace performance
1.3 Determine the LLN skills of the learner group from validated tools and other sources
2. Select and use resources and strategies to address LLN skill requirements
2.1 Identify resources to support LLN skill development
2.2 Use learning and assessment materials to support identified LLN requirements, customising where necessary
2.3 Apply learning support strategies in training delivery appropriate to LLN requirements and learner group
2.4 Determine assessment strategies appropriate to LLN requirements and learner group
3. Use specialist LLN support where required
3.1 Review course demands and learner profile to determine if specialist LLN support is required
3.2 Access specialist LLN support where available
3.3 Integrate specialist LLN support into training or assessment practice where required
4. Evaluate effectiveness of learning support and assessment strategies in addressing LLN requirements
4.1 Seek feedback on learning support provided and assessment strategies used
4.2 Evaluate learning support and assessment strategies used
4.3 Determine areas for improvement based on evaluation