Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TDMMR1807B, 'OPERATE DECK MACHINERY INSTALLED ON A SMALL VESSEL OF LESS THAN 750 KW PROPULSION POWER'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'OPERATE DECK MACHINERY INSTALLED ON A SMALL VESSEL OF LESS THAN 750 KW PROPULSION POWER' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Operate deck machinery
Deck machinery is operated as per procedures and manufacturer's instructions
Guards and safety features are checked and are kept in place while machinery is in use
Carry out basic user maintenance on deck machinery
The performance of deck machinery is routinely monitored in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
Machinery faults are identified and appropriate action initiated to report or rectify problems within the limits of responsibility as per standard procedures
Basic routine service checks and procedures are followed to maintain the serviceability of deck machinery in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
Follow safety and hazard control procedures
All safety precautions and regulations are followed when operating deck machinery
TDMMR1807B OPERATE DECK MACHINERY INSTALLED ON A SMALL VESSEL OF LESS THAN 750 KW PROPULSION POWER
Follow safety and hazard control procedures
Safety and hazard minimisation procedures and regulations are followed at all times during the operation of deck machinery
Appropriate action is taken in the event of a failure or emergency involving deck machinery to isolate and secure the relevant equipment and the vessel and maintain the safety of the vessel and persons involved
Shipboard emergency and contingency plans are followed in the event of a failure or emergency involving deck machinery
TDMMR1807B OPERATE DECK MACHINERY INSTALLED ON A SMALL VESSEL OF LESS THAN 750 kW PROPULSION POWER