Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIF4099, 'Develop an application for, or variation to, rail accreditation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop an application for, or variation to, rail accreditation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Identify application requirements
Documentation and requirements relevant to the application for or variation to accreditation is accessed and interpreted
Policies and objectives that express the organisationâ€™s commitment to regulatory compliance management are developed
Plan is prepared for the development of compliance requirements
Required resources are identified and maintained to support the plan and approval from relevant personnel is gained
Framework for the regulatory compliance management system is established and implemented
Scope of proposed compliance requirements and resources is determined in consultation with relevant personnel and regulatory compliance is integrated into relevant documentation
Consultation process is documented, information on the regulatory compliance system and procedures is explained and ready access to this information by all relevant stakeholders is ensured
Collate, compile and submit application
Relevant documentation relating to governance, scope of operations, safety management system and procedures to meet application requirements is collected
Endorsement and sign off of documents by relevant authorising officers is ensured
Required resources to meet scope of operations are identified and documented
Completed application with supporting evidence is verified prior to sign off by senior management
Finalised application is submitted to relevant jurisdiction regulatory body
Requests for further details or additional information are acted upon in a timely manner