Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TLIX4036, 'Analyse, advise on and carry out integrated border clearance transactions'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Analyse, advise on and carry out integrated border clearance transactions' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
Read and interpret documents for import consignment
Documents for import transaction are reviewed and assessed for compliance with legislative and regulatory requirements
Australian Customs Act and/or other legislation is accessed and implications for import clearance is determined
Missing or ambiguous documents and/or information is identified and client is advised
Identify and analyse problems
Requirements for import clearance transactions are analysed and concerns are identified and documented
Implications and risks associated with identified concerns are assessed and recorded in accordance with workplace procedures
Develop and review alternative solutions
Appropriate alternative solutions to identified issues and problems are developed with due consideration to managing the risks involved, legislative requirements and client needs
Comparative benefits and risks of alternative solutions are assessed and documented in accordance with workplace procedures
Various options are reviewed in terms of their comparative benefits and risks and review outcomes are documented as required
Select and justify solution
Alternative solutions are developed based on review outcomes and preferred solution/s are selected
Selection justification is documented in accordance with workplace procedures and policies, with due reference to compliance with all legislative requirements, selected solution benefits, risks involved and how they will be managed
Critical issues identified during the review and assessment processes are discussed and cleared with relevant internal and external personnel as required
Complete border clearance transaction
Results of integrated border clearance transaction review are discussed with client
Advice is provided to client on border clearance transaction, recommended solution and recommendation rationale
Integrated border clearance transaction is completed in accordance with agreed approach, relevant legislative requirements and workplace procedures
Document and record border clearance transaction
Required documentation for integrated border clearance transaction is completed and verified in accordance with legislative requirements and workplace procedures
Information is entered into appropriate systems as required
Records are made of integrated border clearance transaction and information on specific issues, problems and related solutions adopted, and action taken
Relevant information concerning integrated border clearance transaction is forwarded to client and relevant internal and external personnel, for compliance with customs and related legislation requirements, in accordance with workplace and organisational procedures
Integrated border transaction records are retained in accordance with customs and relevant legislative requirements, and workplace and organisational procedures
Implement formal review mechanisms for dispute resolution
Need for a formal review of a dispute related to a border transaction is identified in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
Appropriate review mechanism for a dispute related to a border transaction is identified in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements
Identified review mechanism is implemented to resolve border transaction dispute in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements