Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver AHCNAR303, 'Implement revegetation works'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement revegetation works' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare for revegetation works
1.1 Identify appropriate timing and method of planting required
1.2 Select tools and materials required for the task and check functionality and cleanliness
1.3 Identify, obtain and store plant materials
1.4 Determine and organise labour and machinery requirements
1.5 Prepare a works schedule and provide to management or client
1.6 Conduct a safety risk assessment and apply work health and safety procedures
2. Prepare the revegetation site
2.1 Identify site hazards, assess risks and implement risk controls
2.2 Undertake site preparation according to planting plan or supervisorâ€™s instructions
2.3 Use soil nutrients and ameliorants, if required by plan specifications
2.4 Mark out revegetation site according to supervisor instructions or plan, applying knowledge of ecosystems and habitat requirements
2.5 Treat all diseased and competing plants, debris and pollutants according to the plan and implement risk controls
2.6 Select and apply treatments according to the risk controls selected
2.7 Install protective structures where indicated by the risk controls implemented
3. Undertake revegetation works
3.1 Carry out revegetation works in accordance with work health and safety policies and procedures and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
3.2 Inspect plant materials before revegetation works and discard defective materials
3.3 Treat plant materials with required nutrients according to documented guidelines
3.4 Plant revegetation stock according to planting program
3.5 Apply appropriate techniques for protecting, securing or anchoring new plants
3.6 Apply appropriate biosecurity and environmentally sustainable practices
3.7 Ensure all of the revegetation program requirements have been implemented
3.8 Identify and report potential threats to revegetation works
4. Maintain revegetated site
4.1 Monitor growth of plants
4.2 Maintain site according to the planting program requirements
4.3 Undertake remedial action and plant protection according to the needs of the species
4.4 Clean, maintain and store tools and equipment