Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Moodle 1.9 template
- A moodle 1.9 course with content placeholders for the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in columns headings to check that all performance criteria have been covered.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- this is the source material provided by training.gov.au, transformed into the useful formats found on this site :-)
- mark up the unit in a wiki format, ready to copy and paste into a wikispaces wiki page.
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you for 'Use business equipment and resources'? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBADM101A, 'Use business equipment and resources'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Use business equipment and resources' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
- Resource Links
- I tried writing some AI to extract important words and phrases from the unit and link them to wikipedia articles and other relevant online resources. Sometimes this routine was more A than I, but on the whole I'm happy with the results.
- Questions and Answers
- Questions and answers about the unit's competency field: Administration - General Administration
- create a wordle tag cloud from the unit's elements, performance criteria and range statement, then capture the screen - ready to include as an image in your online course or handouts.
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Select equipment or resources
1.1. Identify and access business equipment or resources required to complete task under direct instructions
1.2. Estimate quantities and resources correctly to complete the task
1.3. Check equipment for serviceability in accordance with equipment instructions
2. Operate equipment
2.1. Operate equipment in accordance with manufacturer's specifications and under direct instructions
2.2. Identify equipment faults accurately and take action to ensure equipment is repaired in accordance with manufacturer's specifications
2.3. Report repairs outside area of own responsibility to appropriate persons
3. Maintain equipment or resources
3.1. Maintain equipment or resources to support completion of tasks under direct instructions
3.2. Undertake maintenance to ensure equipment meets manufacturer's specifications
3.3. Maintain records concerning equipment or resources under direct instructions
3.4. Store equipment and resources under direct instructions