Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBHRM403, 'Support performance management process'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Support performance management process' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1 Review performance management infrastructure
1.1 Ensure all positions have current position descriptions specifying key requirements of the role
1.2 Assist in reviewing the performance management system to ensure it aligns with the strategic direction of the organisation
1.3 Ensure managers have provided reports of performance indicators consistent with the position description requirements
1.4 Check performance appraisal meetings are held in line with organisational timeframes, that correct documentation has been completed, and necessary parties have recorded agreement
1.5 Check appropriate organisational procedures have been followed for acknowledging good performance and addressing under-performance
1.6 Provide advice and support where there is dissention about performance appraisal outcomes
2 Promote performance management system
2.1 Clarify goals and methods of the performance-management system to employees
2.2 Promote the performance management system to stakeholders
2.3 Arrange or deliver training or instruction on using the performance management system
2.4 Encourage ongoing and regular feedback on personnel performance as well as formal performance appraisals
3 Recommend improvements to performance management system in response to collated data
3.1 Review performance management documentation to establish trends or problem areas requiring attention
3.2 Review patterns in skill or performance gaps and consider requirements and options for performance development
3.3 Assist in revising policies and procedures where necessary
3.4 Suggest improvements to the performance management system