Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver CHCSOH003, 'Manage housing application processes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage housing application processes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements define the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Receive and receipt application
1.1 Read and check application
1.2 If form is incomplete or information incorrect, take steps to obtain missing or correct information
1.3 Identify and investigate false statements
1.4 Receipt application in a manner which is consistent with organisation requirements
1.5 Review supporting documentation from client or relevant supporting agencies
2. Assess application for funding
2.1 Complete assessment checklist or equivalent, explaining processes and entitlements to client
2.2 Apply relevant assessment guidelines to determine eligibility
2.3 Assess application to determine clientâ€™s choice of location, dwelling type and special requirements
2.4 Read previous records to assist with assessment of current application and determine if client has made a previous application, received assistance or been a tenant on a previous occasion
2.5 Assess household complement to determine correct bedroom entitlement within current guidelines
2.6 Ensure equal access and opportunities to organisation services
2.7 Assess application using current eligibility criteria, determine decision and document according to organisation procedure
2.8 Determine and document out-of-guidelines decisions according to policy
3. Manage waiting lists
3.1 Place client on the appropriate waiting list
3.2 Notify clients of decision