Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver ICTWOR201, 'Work effectively in telecommunications technology'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Work effectively in telecommunications technology' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Plan skills development
1.1 Obtain and update specific information on the various sectors of the telecommunications industry
1.2 Seek advice on future career directions from appropriate people
1.3 Identify possible career directions in industry or organisation for personal advancement
1.4 Conduct self-assessment of personal skills against job role to identify skills gap and plan for further skills development
1.5 Determine appropriate methods to acquire additional skills
1.6 Prepare portfolio of evidence to support the skills development plan
1.7 Identify and apply methods for maintaining currency of industry developments
2. Organise personal work priorities
2.1 Ensure that employment terms and conditions are accessed and understood
2.2 Ensure that work goals and objectives are understood, negotiated and agreed according to organisational requirements
2.3 Identify, access sources of information relevant to technical and regulatory requirements and apply to work
2.4 Assess and prioritise workload to ensure tasks are completed within identified timeframes
2.5 Monitor and adjust personal work performance to ensure achievement of tasks
3. Participate in a team
3.1 Consult team members to identify team purpose, roles, responsibilities, goals, plans and objectives
3.2 Develop strategies to support the team and seek assistance from team members when necessary to prevent conflict within the team
3.3 Give and receive feedback to assist in meeting team and organisation goals
3.4 Communicate unresolved issues to appropriate personnel to ensure action is taken in response to these matters