Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXEVT009A, 'Develop event concepts'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop event concepts' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish overall event objectives and scope.
Clarify and agree on key event objectives in consultation with event stakeholders.
Analyse initial event information and consult with stakeholders to determine the broad scope of the event.
Identify and analyse internal and external factors that may impact on the event.
Establish event concept theme and format.
Identify and access sources of information and ideas to inform event concept development.
Research and critically evaluate ideas and information for possible application to current and future work.
Generate discussion and consultation with event stakeholders and other colleagues to progress development of the event concept.
Explore, test and reflect on different and innovative approaches as part of the concept development process.
Develop overall event concept, theme and format that reflect key objectives and meet potential audience needs.
Evaluate and progress concept to operational stage.
Verify the operational practicality and cohesiveness of the concept, theme and format through consultation and analysis.
Select and implement a strategy for effective communication about the concept with event stakeholders.
Develop a summary of key logistical requirements based on the overall concept, theme and format.
Facilitate effective planning and implementation through timely provision of accurate and complete information on the concept, theme and format to all relevant stakeholders.
Obtain relevant approvals prior to implementation.