Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBLEG513, 'Apply legal principles in corporation law matters'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply legal principles in corporation law matters' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify laws and principles of corporation law
1.1 Source knowledge of corporation law and related legislation
1.2 Identify different types of business structures and clearly outline their structure, personnel, legal obligations, establishment procedures and purpose
1.3 Identify differences between proprietary companies and public companies, and clearly outline the legal obligations, criteria and purpose of each
2. Enhance professional practice through application of relevant corporation law principles to business structures
2.1 Identify consequences of incorporation
2.2 Identify structure, contents and purposes of an organisationâ€™s memorandum of association and articles of association
2.3 Identify other specific activities relevant to corporation law
3. Undertake administrative tasks associated with corporation law
3.1 Prepare forms, documents and annexures at appropriate time, present to designated person for review and sign-off, and lodge with appropriate government department
3.2 Make arrangements for documents to be despatched, signed and witnessed by appropriate parties
3.3 Provide assistance in preparing company prospectus where required
3.4 Arrange meetings as necessary to discuss nature of debenture and assets underwriting the charge
3.5 Undertake appropriate searches and obtain search documents from relevant agencies
3.6 Prepare forms and documents related to administration of charges at appropriate time, present to designated person for review and sign-off, and lodge with appropriate government department
3.7 Determine types of costs for legal services in accordance with legislative and regulatory requirements
3.8 Make arrangements for documents to be despatched, signed and witnessed by appropriate parties