Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver BSBMKG609A, 'Develop a marketing plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop a marketing plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Devise marketing strategies
1.1. Evaluate marketing opportunity options that address organisational objectives, and evaluate their risks and returns in the selection process
1.2. Develop marketing strategies that address strengths and opportunities within the organisation's projected capabilities and resources
1.3. Develop strategies which increase resources or organisational expertise where gaps exist between current capability and marketing objectives
1.4. Develop feasible marketing strategies and communicate reasons that justifies their selection
1.5. Ensure strategies align with organisation's strategic direction
1.6. Develop a marketing performance review strategy, incorporating appropriate marketing metrics to review of organisational performance against marketing objectives
2. Plan marketing tactics
2.1. Detail tactics to implement each marketing strategy in terms of scheduling, costing, accountabilities and persons responsible
2.2. Identify coordination and monitoring mechanisms for scheduled activities
2.3. Ensure tactics are achievable within organisation's projected capabilities and budget
2.4. Ensure tactics meet legal and ethical requirements
2.5. Ensure tactics provide for ongoing review of performance against objectives and budgets, and allow marketing targets to be adjusted if necessary
3. Prepare and present a marketing plan
3.1. Ensure marketing plan meets organisational, as well as marketing, objectives and incorporates marketing approaches and a strategic marketing mix
3.2. Ensure marketing plan contains a rationale for objectives and information that supports the choice of strategies and tactics
3.3. Present marketing plan for approval in the required format and timeframe
3.4. Adjust marketing plan in response to feedback from key stakeholders and disseminate for implementation within the required timeframe